Service area updated May 2023
Information provided by Surrey County Council (SCC). The service is operated on behalf of SCC by Mole Valley District Council
The service now extends to the whole of Mole Valley not forgetting continuing access to Epsom hospital, Effingham Junction railway station and the Waitrose and Sainsbury’s supermarkets at Cobham which are technically outside of the Mole Valley area,
With the recently increase of service area to the whole of the Mole Valley a new fare structure has been introduced which takes in to account the distance of your journey.
Under 5 miles
Over 15 miles
20 and under single
Do you live or work in the north of Mole Valley and need to get to work, hospital or the shops?
Surrey County Council is providing a new on demand, door to door shared bus service for residents in this area. Rather than being restricted by traditional bus timetables, our accessible, electric mini-buses are available for travel, when you need them.
Where can I go?
Journeys can be taken within the Mole Valley area also to these other locations that are adjacent to Mole Valley:
• Effingham Junction station
• Dorking Main and Dorking Deepdene train station
• Epsom Hospital
• Dorking Hospital
• Waitrose, Cobham
• Sainsbury’s, Cobham
• Waitrose, Dorking
• Westcott bus stop on the A25
• Brockham Lane bus stop on the A25
Please note that the mini-buses do have steps, although one vehicle has a lift designed to take baby buggies or lightweight wheelchairs. The service is not suitable for heavy wheelchair users.
• Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm
• Saturday 8am to 6pm.
How to book
To register and book you simply need an email address or phone number.
• Online at www.molevalleyconnect.org.uk
• Via the App: “Surrey connect” available from Google Play (Android) or the App Store (iPhone). Visit surreycc.gov.uk/molevalleyconnect for a demonstration of how to book using the App.
• Alternatively if you can’t book online please call us: 0300 123 7751, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
We just need four pieces of information from you:
• Where do you want to be picked up and dropped off?
• How many passengers will be travelling?
• When would you like to travel and what time? Remember to select “arrive at” if you need to get somewhere at a specific time!
• Do you need wheelchair access? (Please note that the mini-buses do have steps, although one vehicle has a lift designed to take baby buggies or lightweight wheelchairs. The service is not suitable for heavy wheelchair users.)
Bookings can be made up to seven days in advance or on the same day. A minimum of 30 minutes notice is required.