On Tuesday, 17th September a workshop lead by Eloise Appleby discussed “Shaping The Future of Bookham Village Centre”. Over sixty people attended including local business owners, Councillors, members of the BRA committee, I Live in Bookham Facebook team, members of The Grange community and Bookham residents.
Presentations were given by Eloise, Jane Smith (Principle Planning Policy Officer), Candida Goulden (Economic Development Officer) and Heidi Isa who shared her experiences in market towns in Hampshire.
After the presentations the delegates broke up in to teams and discussed five themes:
- What kind of village centre do we want and why?
- What are the special features of our shopping centre which we should enhance through planning policies?
- What kind of infrastructure is needed to make the centre of Bookham feel more “inhabited”?
- How could traffic and transport infrastructure support the objective of making the village more vibrant?
- What are the Quick Wins that could be consider now, to inspire others to play their part?
Following a lively and very proactive session the groups provided their outputs which will be consolidated into a briefing pack as input in to the next stage in project.
We will update this post when the briefing pack has been completed.
A big “Thank You” is due to Eloise and her team at The Grange in making us all welcome and taking the initiative in holding and facilitating the workshop.
For the presentation pack, click on the image below.